If you are looking for reviews of radio equipment you’ve come to the right place. Everything from CB Radio, Scanning, PMR-446 and Short Wave Listening is right here.
The best way to discover our vast collection of articles is to dive straight in to the Category Sections on the right-hand side menu. Articles are organised in date order. We’ve been adding content since 2000 so there is quite a lot of stuff to read through.
If you can’t find what you are looking for you could always try the search option with a keyword such as “President” or “CB Radio”.
- Thunderpole T-X Handheld CB Radio Review – In Depth LookThe Thunderpole T-X Handheld has taken the UK and EU by storm since it’s launch earlier this year. AM & FM, all EU modes plus the ability to export the radio to use on the 10m ham band if licenced too! The noise reduction circuit (NRC) is also very impressive, […]
- Scarlett Warrior 27 MHz CB Antenna – Performance at a Budget Price!The Scarlett Warrior is an amazing antenna that has been around in various forms since the 1990’s. Sporting the famous “Modulator” style coil this is a base loaded antenna that really packs a punch for it’s length and gets out as well as mofre expensive antennas such as the Sirio […]
- Quansheng UV K5 (8)/K6 Handheld Radio Review – It’s Not Bad Unless You Like Airband!The Quansheng UV K5 (8) is one of the cheapest full coverage HT’s we’ve ever tested. It’s a real competitor to the Baofeng UV-5R and offers more features, more coverage and better build quality. The only area that lets it down is the AM AIrband reception – it’s absolutely dreadful […]
- Surecom SW33 Plus Handheld SWR & Power Meter ReviewThe Surecom SW33 Plus is a SWR and Power Meter specifically designed for use with handheld radios. Covering from 125-525 MHz it’s the easiest way to check how efficient your handheld antenna is working but does it really work and is it worth the money? Buy it here from Amazon: […]
- Anytalk UV-6F Transceiver – A Chinese Radio with Memory Banks and AM Airband – Better than Baofeng?The Anytalk UV-6F is a nice alternative to the many Baofeng radios that are available for a super cheap price. This one comes with a huge difference – a 1000 memories BUT has memory banks so you can actually organise frequencies in the same way you would with a scanner. […]
- CRT SS 7900V Turbo Export CB Radio – 2023 Version! What Did They Change?The latest revision of this popular radio contains one key feature change that makes operation on the CB frequencies much more enjoyable! It’s a simple fix but one that should have been here since day one. 5 Years later they did it! All in All it’s a bit of a […]
- DeepSDR 101 Software Defined Radio Review – The First SDR Radio from DeepelecDeepelec is famous for its range of NanoVNA antenna analyser products but this HF radio is their first attempt at breaking into the SDR Market place. We take a little look at this well made, attractive and competitively priced SDR receiver. Can it impress more than the other budget SDR’s […]
- Baofeng UV-13 Pro (V2) Two Way Radio Review – Really 10 Watts?The Baofeng UV-13 Pro is the latest generation in the line of budget two way radios from China. This latest model has 999 memories and a claimed 10 watts output – but is this really true? The Chinese have a reputation for over stating output power in their marketing literature […]
- Radtel RT-490/Socotran FB-8629 Two Way Radio ReviewThe Radtel RT-490 is a very versatile two way radio. It contains some exciting features including Bluetooth for programming via an Android App and erven GPS positioning! The most remarkable thing about this radio is the price as it’s available for below $100! It is available under several brand names […]
- YJT UV-8F Handheld Two Way Radio ReviewYJT is another Chinese manufacturer similar to Baofeng. The radio is a fairly standard, tough, well built dual band hand held, with all the usual features – CTCSS, DCS, nice clear display and full keypad programming – no computer required but has a special feature – it can be programmed […]
- Baofeng BF-V8 Two Way Radio Review – Tested on PMR446The Baofeng BF-V8 is an ultra low cost two way radio for the UHF bands. At only £14/$20 this has got to be one of the cheapest commercial/Ham/PMR available with a higher output power than standard 446 radios. Watch our latest YouTube Review to see how the radio performed in […]
- Floureon FC200 PMR-446 Radio Review – Reviewing the Cheapest 16 Channel Radios we found on eBay!The Floureon FC-200 is a budget PMR-446 Radio available for a super cheap price on Amazon and eBay. It is most unusual as it contains all 16 legal PMR-446 channels for the price and contains some features that you wouldn’t expect for the price… but is it any good? See […]